Friday, January 22, 2010

Santa Monica ...!!!!!

With all the rain ... and now thunder, lightning, hail (!!!!), and whatever else the past few days, I think I need something else non-weather-related for the blog ...

So, I checked my snail mail yesterday and the City of Santa Monica had sent "Seascape" newsletter with a front page article on ... The Los Angeles Marathon! They even have a webpage http://www.smgov.net/lamarathon/ The city is also seeking volunteers for the ever popular and vital water stations (I may have to pressgang some people!). We enter Santa Monica at Mile 23 and finish at Mile 26.2 .... 3.2 miles. !VAMANOS!

This morning, I read the free Santa Monica Daily Press http://www.smdp.com/ and they had an article mentioning that the owner of the Los Angeles Marathon and my beloved, if troubled, Los Angeles Dodgers, Frank McCourt, said that the marathon will continue coming to Santa Monica on the Stadium (Dodger Stadium) to the sea (The Pacific Ocean!) course. Many Roadrunners, including myself, were worried about the marathon may be in trouble since the McCourts are divorcing. So, that was encouraging!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! That possibility never occurred to me (the marathon being in trouble)... but then again, I'm in my own little world sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is widespread belief among Dodger fans, including myself, that the McCourts divorce will be bad for the team (payroll already cut back a lot ... owners fighting each other ...). Compared to the Dodgers, the marathon, while big for us, is tiny; so, it does not get much attention.

    ReplyDelete