Thursday, January 7, 2010

Time to Run ... Already?

This morning was first attempt at running on pretty short rest ... I was up at 03:45 having finished last night at 21:22 ...

I wanted to see how my body would react to the normal run as well as my knee.

So, I got up to find my usual weekday shirt still a bit damp from sweat! Oops. When I was finally ready, I set out on the M1 route for the 45 minutes in the LA Roadrunners guide.

I was a bit slow at the start but it was picking up and I did the hillwork I throw in as well. My time got whacked twice as I had to do little slow, mini-circles at two long lights (I needed to leave a bit earlier than normal; so, I had to keep the clock running on my running). This had a bigger effect than anticipated as a) at one light alone, my overall pace slowed by TWENTY-EIGHT seconds b) you lose all the momentum and have to get in motion again c) my knee does better without stops

I did experience some discomfort for sure; but, there was no sharp pain. I did not reach my LT goal; but, I was not struggling either.

Under the circumstances it was decent, not great. I did like seeing the clear sky though!

45:16 of running for 3.86 miles for an 11:46 pace overall. (I think realistically it was more 11:00-11:15 or so without lights circles. I was off the 10:30 goal; but, kept going which under the circumstances is not all bad.

1 comment:

  1. Three forty-five AM??? Have you considered getting a little bit of extra sleep? Like three more hours?

    I agree. Stops are not good. My knee hurts when I walk and then resume running. That's what I dislike about the walk/run groups.

    I still think that your runs are great. A 11-11:15 pace is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete