Friday, January 15, 2010

Fear Is Only the Beginning

Tomorrow will be a big day.

It is Saturday. It is another day for training with the LA Roadrunners for the Los Angeles Marathon.

11 Miles. Race Pace.

I am a bit nervous.

I did not do the run last week due to the mountains, the retreat, being tired (due to previous), and my knee. The furthest I have run on this pace is just five miles.

I was really gaining hope with my runs this week with the better results as well as less pain throughout the week in my knee. Then, I had my encounter with the dog.

I want to run. I want to run well. I want to finish the race; yet, things keep happening ... as well as the memories of last year.

So, we shall see.

As they said to us many, many, many times at Servite:
-Fear is only the beginning
-Mind over matter; if you do not mind the pain ... it does not matter
-CREDO

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    So what happened today (Sat)?? How is your knee, your ankle and your back? I have a feeling that you did very well. You always do!!

    Well, I know 2010 didn't start too well but stay optimistic. Things will get better soon.

    Now... I did something extremely stupid today: I overslept and missed the RRs! :,(

    ¡Soy una idiota!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put about the run.

    Hey, you deserve a rest after 13.1 (saw a few t-shirts yesterday).

    A lot of people seemed away ... my group was down to 50.

    ReplyDelete